Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Time Flies

I often think about how time flies.  It seems like I was just riding my bike around the neighborhood playing with my friends and rushing home when the street lights came on.  I often forget it has been 14 years since I played high school sports for the mighty Holtville Bulldogs (I actually saw there teachers wearing shirts today that said "once a bulldog, always a bulldog" and I thought to myself "I need one of those.").  How in the world have I been married for 11 years?  And when did I get a nine year old and two 4 year olds?

I hear people tell me all the time that I go a lot or I stay busy.  I agree.  I do go a lot and stay busy.  I do it because I see how fast time goes and I don't want to miss an opportunity to make a memory.  David is already 9 and there are not too many years left of him wanting to hang out with the parentals.  I want to have as much fun as possible with these awesome boys God has blessed me with.  I want to watch them play on the slip n slide, splash at the splash pad, bowl, jump in the pool, hop in the waves at the beach.  I want to remember the walks in the woods and the critters we find.  I want their childhood memories to include making Popsicles, playing board games, riding the golf cart, and reading together.  I hope they remember fishing in the pond, playing in the creek, and connecting train tracks.  I don't want all their memories to include watching tv or playing video games, because that might would happen if we allowed it.  I want them to see the world and have as many experiences we can provide at home or on an adventure.

God made me a mother 9 years ago and again 5 years later.  That's an important job to have.  I pray often that I am a good Mama and that my children always know how much I love them and that they are always good enough for me, just the way they are.  I hope when they grow up, their memories will include feeling loved and special. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment