Saturday, August 22, 2015

Give Me a Break

Being a Mom is the most difficult job there is.  It's very rewarding, but hard.  I hear it gets harder the older your kids get.  Even though I enjoy being a Mom to three boys very much, I sometimes find myself longing for a break.


  • Like when I sweep and mop the floor and 5 minutes (if I'm lucky) it looks like a tornado came through
  • When I take the time to cook dinner and before we can even sit down some one is saying they don't like it or Daniel's famous comment of its yucky!
  • Tripping over Walter and David's many shoes they leave in the doorway.  
  • Having to repeat simple tasks like get a shower 7464636633 time before it happens and when he gets out his hair isn't washed.  
  • Daniel waking in the middle of the night screaming and can't tell us why.
  • Walking in the boys' bathrooms and seeing pee on the floor around the toilet.  Is it that hard to ring the bowl?
  • Riding in the car with someone asking question after question after question.
All of these things can drive me crazy, but there's one thing I do know.  One day none of these things will happen anymore and I will miss them.  I will want the noise, the messes (well, maybe) and the chance to cook for all of them.  

So what I'm saying is, I love being a mother.  Life isn't ever perfect, but it's just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment