Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day A Week Early

Father's Day seemed to slip up on me this year.  School was out, the next weekend we went to the beach, and the next was Father's Day.  I bought Walter's gifts while we were at the beach and then I shopped for our Dad's.  We invited our parents and my grandparents over for supper on Sunday.  I went to Wal-Mart and bought everything to make lasagna, salad, dessert, green beans, and bread.  Then it hit me... Father's Day was the next week!  Oh no!

Let me be the first to say I have Mommy brain.  I like things to be planned and organized.  I like to be on time and prepared, but two little boys put a kink in all of that. They made my brain quit working!  That's okay, I'll just blame it on them. 

Walter and I decided we would go ahead with plans and celebrate a week early. Everyone came over and we celebrated.  We both have great Dad's and I have an awesome Pop.  They are all so good to our kids too and they adore them.

Just add it to the list of mistakes I make.  I'll laugh at myself with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment