Friday, December 23, 2011

Somebody Call Wal-Mart, I Think I Lost My Mind!



Tuesday night I realized we were almost out of formula for Daniel and we were about two wipes away from being out of toilet paper too! Two things you can't go without! I went ahead and got myself ready for a trip to Wal-Mart with ALL 3 kids. Yes, I do have to psych myself up for it! I wake up, get all of them fed, dressed, diaper bag packed, bottles ready for just in case, and all the other jazz it takes to venture out these days. We load up and head out. On the way, I call my dad and he decides to meet us there.



We get to Wal-Mart and I get the stroller out. Yes, we have to take the stroller because no groceries will fit in a buggy with two car seats in it. Imagine that! As soon as I get Dillan's seat out, he frowns and begins to whine. I looked at my dad and said "Oh great, this is going to be good," with a smirk on my face.

I plug him up with the handy dandy pacifier (whoever invented that thing is a stinkin genious) and in we go. We start on the hygiene side of WM. A little whine here, a little whine there. David and I are in charge of the buggy; Dad is in charge of the stroller. We make it to the toilet paper and there is more whining from Dillan. Eggs, drinks, and cheese is picked up. Then we go to the formula isle. This is where the whining gets strong. Dillan gets cranked up and I think my dad was tuning it out. I get him out of the seat and decide to carry him in one arm, drag the buggy in the other and finish shopping.

You would think that would solve everything, right? WRONG! Daniel decided it was his turn to start about ohhhhhhh 3 minutes later. I noticed my walking got a little faster. When I saw people I knew (or the ones I didn't bc everyone stops you when you have twin babies) I just said hey and didn't let up. We made it to the register and I put Dillan back down in his seat. They were both quiet for a minute. One even went to sleep. Believe it or not, I can't even remember which one went to sleep. That kind of thing seems to happen a lot these days. :)


Anyway, we made it out alive. As I drove home, I smiled to myself and thanked God for my funny, wonderful family that keeps me on my toes. I love the humor of life. I don't think I would take away the chaos, stress, and whining of my life. Well, okay, maybe the whining... it could go.


We got home and unloaded. Dillan had already began screaming on the way and David had to start feeding him int he ba ck seat. I told David to call Wal-Mart. He asked Why? I said because I think I lost my mind. He started laughing and said he did too. About 10 minutes later, David was eating lunch and said Mama, you're doing a good job, a good job. I said at what? He said at taking care of us! It brought a HUMONGOUS smile to my face.


Ahhh, the joys of life.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Love it. That sense of humor you have will get you through the bottles, diapers, runny noses, fevers, throwing up, uncontrollable equipment that goes along with babies and then the TEENAGE YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very brave woman! It takes an act of congress to get me out of the house- and I only have one to deal with!

    ReplyDelete